Wedding is a once in a lifetime affair and in India weddings are larger than life sagas. Most couples unwind their hands when it comes to their wedding and to create their special day as an epic ,many people opt for exotic locales like royal palaces, beaches and exquisite venues. India is a hub for extravagant weddings as several such grand and glorious venue options and various wonderful exotic locations are available.
Kerala, Goa and Rajasthan are a few places that couples choose for their wedding and subsequently can plan their honeymoon here.
In India for people whom budget is not a constraint, couples seek the most expensive wedding venues to tie the knot.
1. The Leela resorts, Goa – The Beach Wedding Destination :-
The Leela is one of the finest Beach Resorts in Goa and ranked as almost number one in terms of overall holiday and luxurious experience. In the initial years, Leela would shy out taking up any Weddings unless a chunk of overall Room Inventory is taken up because giving the other residential guests an utmost peace and privacy was the major concern and Leela resource is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
Recently, with the changes in the venues offered and the way logistics work the policies have been modified to accommodate wedding for even a small residential group or a large non residential group. Though its evident that in such cases you would have a limited access to venues and the facilities within Resort.
Here is the known “The Leela Lawns” which is located towards the coastal line and overlooks the sea (though its little far off), the official website or any other source on internet would not point out that its just a part of overall lawns which is earmarked to hold private events. The Leela Lawns is fit for a gathering upto 500-600 guests, you would really need to occupy the complete lawn.
The Lawn is offered at a venue hire charges. Important to note that banqueting rates for food and drinks is one of the costliest at Leela Goa in comparison to other top line 5* Resorts. However the overall experience and services does matter.
Abhishek & Smita’s Wedding at The Leela, Goa
(2) Taj Falaknuma palace wedding – Hyderabad :- Hyderabad – the city of the Nizams works best for a couple who wants to imbibe some of the Nawabi culture for a very unique experience. In recent years The Taj Faluknama Palace has become something of a landmark in Hyderabad apart from the infamous Charminar and Fort of Golconda.It has become one of the beautiful and attracting wedding destinations of India. It attracts tourist from all over the nation and abroad.This beautiful palace offers large Venetian style chandeliers, grand statues and fountains which will give you fairy-tale experience. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
Address: Engine Bowli, Falaknuma, Hyderabad, Telangana 500053.Phone:040 6629 8585. Their books starts from INR 39323 rs. Arpita khan ( Bollywood acter Salman khan sister) wedding event is done in Taj Falaknuma palace
3 Raj Palace, Rambagh Palace and Jai Mahal Palaces, Jaipur – The Royal Wedding Destinations.Jaipur, The Pink City is a land offering various grand and royal wedding destinations which is a choice for many couples.Its a dream of every girl or rather a fantasy to tie the knot as a princess against a regal backdrop, then the Raj Mahal, Jai Mahal Palace or Rambagh Palace will be ideal venue.These palaces are preference of the elite section of the society. These are ornate and royal palaces, which now have been transformed into wedding destinations.In recent years the Samode Palace is also gaining popularity. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
(4) Udaipur Palace – The History Wedding Location :- The city of lakes and palaces, Udaipur is another ideal wedding destination in the country. The Udaipur Palace (hotel) is a romantic destination that offers one of the most expensive and grand locations for a wedding.If at all one plan to have your dream like wedding like like the Royalty of Rajputna what could be better than that. The royal family of Mewar organises and plans the event.They have successfully managed to complete a decade of organizing such weddings in India.
Jag Mandir situated amidst the lake called Pichola is another sought after wedding destinations in the city. The beautiful lake and the exquisite sculptures add to the romantic mood and goes off well for the couples. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
(5) Umaid Bhavan, Jodhpur – The Palace Wedding Destinations ;- Umaid Bhawan Palace, located at Jodhpur in Rajasthan, India, is one of the world's largest private residences. A part of the palace is managed by Taj Hotels. Named after Maharaja Umaid Singh, grandfather of the present owner Gaj Singh of the palace, this edifice has 347 rooms and serves as the principal residence of the erstwhile Jodhpur royal family. A part of the palace also houses a museum.Umaid Bhawan Palace was called Chittar Palace during its construction due to use of stones drawn from the Chittar hill where it is located. Ground for the foundations of the building was broken on 18 November 1929 by Maharaja Umaid Singh and the construction work was completed in 1943. The Palace was built to provide employment to thousands of people during the time of famine. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
They are located at – Circuit House Rd, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342006. Phone:0291 251 0101
(6) Sainik Farms, New Delhi – Extravagant Wedding ;- Sainik Farms is known for hosting grand and high gala weddings for higher classes of society in Delhi. This farm is 50 years old and is located in the southernmost part of the city. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
(7) Zuri Kumarakom, Alleppey (Kerala) – The Exotic Hotspot for Wedding :-
Set on the shores of Vembanad Lake, this upscale hotel is 5 km from Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary and 12 km from Thirunakkara Sree Mahadevar Temple. Featuring lagoon-view verandas or balconies, the stylish rooms include minibars, free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, plus tea and coffeemaking facilities. Upgraded cottages add garden showers, while villas come with private plunge pools. Room service is available 24/7. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
Breakfast and parking are complimentary. There's a water-view bar and a cigar lounge, as well as Asian dining and an upscale lakefront seafood restaurant. The 7-hectare property also has an outdoor pool, a fitness room and an Ayurvedic spa.Address: V 235 A1 to A54, Karottukayal, Kumarakom, Kottayam, Kerala 686563.Phone:0481 252 7272.
(8) Alibaug Beach, Mumbai – The Cleanest Wedding destination :- Located in the Konkan region of Maharashtra, Alibaug is a coastal town which is famous for beach weddings. One can enjoy a private and amusing wedding night.Alibaug Beach is very clean and beautiful beach which is situated at a four hour drive from Mumbai. There is also a beautiful resort at a five minutes walk for the beach. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
(9) Jaisalmer – A Wedding Venue In the Forts :- Jaisalmer fort is one of the oldest forts in existence and was found in 1156. One can enjoy camel safari in this desert city and also famous for the sand dunes and the folk entertainment of the local people.Wedding planned here will be a life long affair to cherish. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
You can reach Jaisalmer from Delhi and Jodhpur through a train route whereas Bikaner and Jodhpur are connected to Jaisalmer through roads. Hence transportation is not a problem at all.
(10) Palace Grounds, Bangalore :- Palace Grounds, a palace located in Bangalore, was built by Rev. Garrett, who was the first Principal of the Central High School in Bangalore, now known as Central College. It is one of the most expensive wedding venues in INDIA
It is the poshest place in Bangalore to get married. The open grounds bang in the center of the city offer the best venue for a large gathering.